Now occupied by the Gay 90's Pizza Company, this 1864 building
was one of the first commercial buildings in town. It originally
housed a general store, bar and Wells Fargo stagecoach stop. There
were ten rooms occupied by Wells Fargo travelers while the bottom
floor serviced the small town with their banking needs.
The upper floor housed a brothel for many years, and some
Pleasanton residents have reported seeing a full-figured ghost lady
in the front second story window.
The now wine cellar was built as part of the underground tunnel
system by Chinese laborers who had been working on the railroads
at the time. For convenience and keeping a low profile, the tunnel
ran from Gay 90's to the Pleasanton Hotel that had various exits
along the way to better accommodate their needs with other local